The standards of the International Coaching Federation are recognized worldwide. ICF issues three types of accreditation to program providers depending on their content: ACSTH, CCE, ACTP.
Meaning of abbreviations ACSTH and ACTP
ACSTH – Approved Coaching Specific Training Hours. Confirmed hours of training and coaching practice.
ACTP – Accredited Coach Training Program. ICF accredited coaching training program.
What is the difference
These certificates confirm the completion of coaching training, and not the level of qualification, such as ACC, PCC or MCC. The difference between these two programs is in the number of hours of training and practice, as well as the availability of mentoring. The symbols of ACTP or ACSTH on the certificate is an indicator of the quality of the coach’s training. By the certificate number, you can check who exactly it belongs to.
For accreditation of the ACSTH program, it is required:
- Количество часов. Минимум 30 часов обучения в непосредственном контакте со студентом. В основном такие программы включают до 176+ часов.
- Фокус на компетенциях ICF. Как минимум 80 процентов всего обучения должно проходить в реальном времени и быть сфокусировано на ключевых компетенциях.
- Наблюдаемые сессии. Минимум 5 коучинговых сессий под наблюдением для каждого студента. Обратная связь в письменном виде — минимум по 3 из 5 сессий.
ACTP считается самым высоким уровнем аккредитации
Программы этого статуса предполагают обучение коучингу от начала до конца:
- The number of hours. At least 30 hours of training in direct contact with the student. Basically, such programs include up to 176+ hours.
- Focus on ICF competencies. At least 80 percent of all training should take place in real time and be focused on core competencies.
- Observed sessions. At least 5 supervised coaching sessions for each student. Feedback in writing — at least 3 out of 5 sessions.
- Mentoring. 10 hours of mentoring for coaches during the training. Group mentoring sessions can be counted for a maximum of 7 hours. At least 3 out of 10 hours should be performed one-on-one.
What does this give the student
First, the student receives the status of a coach de jure, that is, the legally secured right to conduct his own practice on the basis of the completed training. You can conduct an independent practice, as well as start a career as a full-time coach in the company.
A coach with an ACTP or ACSTH certificate has received a good basic training. They not only listened to the theory, but also actively practiced in order to develop the necessary skills, received feedback from professional coaches who have a confirmed ACC, PCC or MCC qualification level.
Secondly, the possibility of professional development. Graduates of ACSTH and ACTP programs can apply for ACC or PCC certification if they meet all the ICF requirements.
Third, the opportunity to work in almost any country in the world. ICF certificates are accepted and guarantee the quality of coaching services in 154 countries.
Who can issue certificates
Coaching schools whose programs have the appropriate accreditation in ICF – ACSTH or ACTP. High professional requirements are imposed on providers of educational programs:
- Operational requirements (organization of the educational process, availability of all necessary information about the program in open sources, maintaining the program for at least 6 months before applying for accreditation, etc.).
- Methodological study of programs (detailed study of the structure and content of the program, full documentary support of each lesson, teaching methods, materials for the student, materials for the teacher, bibliography, etc.).
- The level of qualification of employees (a complete list of employees involved in the educational process, the training process of the trainers themselves, the availability of professional qualifications for teachers (ACC, PCC or MCC), for mentors – PCC or MCC, etc.).